I am running 1.0 and cannot update without getting this error after doing so!
Error “Lightburn.app” can’t be opened because
Apple cannot check it for malicious software.
This software needs to be updated. Contact the
developer for more information
This is worth review , Installing Lightburn - LightBurn Software Documentation
Installing on the Mac is simple, but requires you tell MacOS that you trust us. LightBurn is digitally signed, but Apple has added a new process called ‘Notarization’ that we have not completed yet.
Click here for a step-by-step video walkthrough: Installing LightBurn on MacOS - YouTube
To Install the LightBurn application:
- Double-click the LightBurn.dmg file to mount the disk image.
- Drag the LightBurn application into your applications folder
- Eject the LightBurn disk image, or drag it to the trash bin
When launching LightBurn for the first time:
- Open a Finder window
- Browse to the ‘Applications’ folder
- Hold the Control key and click the LightBurn icon, or right-click or / two-finger tap the icon
- Choose ‘Open’ from the menu
- When MacOS asks if it should open the program, say yes, and it will be listed as an exception in your launcher. From then on you can just launch the application normally.
This is the video we link in the documentation:
I did that, I have had Lightburn for a few years on my Mac and multiple updates
This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.