Lightburn vs Full Spectrum

If the software is inhibiting yours and the machines production, then management needs to look at something to alleviate the issue.

I would not think the Ruida itself is an issue, as it seems do dumb to be a threat and uses on UDP for an internet connection… it is, however, a very dependable controller at relatively low cost over an American made unit.

Maybe a grbl controller option? … made in the US, at least the software…

If you’re going to run Lightburn I’m sure they would talk with them about what kind of security is required by your IT department … Not too big of a problem if you’re manufacturing wooden pegs, but running a nuclear plant is a different issue, at least security wise.

Get the information together that shows it would make them money, not cost them to do this and see if they agree… all they can say is no…

Good luck

:smile_cat:

I’ve figured out how to make their software work, so we’re not really out anything. We don’t use the laser all that often anymore. And this is the US government we’re talking about. They have strange rules.

And on the topic of wishing lightburn could control something, I wish I could run my vinyl cutter from lightburn. It’s an old HPGL machine. I use lightburn to trace images, but have to use crappy (and expensive) software to run the thing.

EDIT: this is not a serious request, just an idle wish. The devs here do enough.

1 Like

No doubt in a few years Lightburn will be running vinyl cutters, plasma machines, cnc machines and a host more.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.