Lightburn will not upgrade "a network error occurred: tls initialization failed"

Hello, since my lightburn updated to LightBurn 1.5.01, built Tue 2024-02-06 @ 22:55.

I noticed that my software is not updating. When I click on “help” on the top menu and then go to “check for updates” I get an error message that says, “A network error occurred: TLS initialization failed”.

Can you please help. I noticed that there is a new update. 1.5.02 on your site and the software is no longer asking me to update automatically…

Thank you. :slight_smile:
plus, I did put a ticket in before I posted this, just making you aware.

same here.

@JohnJohn @Rick
is this some left overs from the initial issue, and need to manually update?

1 Like

Thank you for your concern and support. :slight_smile:
I decided not to manually update by downloading the latest version form the lightburn website until I have heard back from tech support. I do not want to risk my license key or over right all my settings in lightburn if that can be avoided. This might happen (but might not) if I manually install the software.
Thank you.

I saw the same thing on an early 1.5.02 here. It was resolved by updating.

Thank you John, :slight_smile: I will dive in and hope I maintain my settings. Thank you.

Upgrading worked! Thank you gilaraujo and JohnJohn for the confidence to jump in and upgrade.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.