Lightburn Window not opening properly

I recently started to have some issues.
Been using Lightburn for a while, and one evening I opened, and it asked me to do a set up so it seems that it didn’t load the settings pref. I couldn’t fully open the window, and I couldn’t see the the colour layers.
Found a tread talking bout it, and after loading a pref backup, it sorted it out.

Tonight I stated lightburn again, similar issue. Window do not open properly, so I cannot work as I can’t see layers.
I tried to load a previous pref, but is not doing anything, going back a few days, only opens Art Library window, but does not sort out the issue, with main window not expanding.

I have recently installed Lightburn on a second machine with a bigger screen 32" while the laptop I always used is just 14" but I don’t think that should be an issue.
Both laptop & PC run Linux Mint and I’m using Ortur Master2 20W Diode

I’ve also tried to close and restart Lightburn, log out of the laptop, and restart. Nothing seems to fix it this time

Thanks

Have you tried Window->Reset to default layout?

Thanks for the suggestion.
Just tried. Once bring the library window. Click again brings up the tabs cut/layer/move/console, staked on top of the Laser window…weird
Still not sorting out the fact that I can’t maximise the window to expand it, so I still do not see the colour layers, which i usually keep at the bottom.

Can you take a full screenshot of your entire desktop please?

That’s the laptop screen

Okay. The layers toolbar is likely there but hidden due to height limits. You have a few strategies:

1. Try hiding the titlebar to regain some vertical resolution
  2. Try moving the layers toolbar from the bottom to the side. You can try moving or hiding the numeric edits toolbar and arrange toolbar, main toolbar, and others to free up some vertical resolution
  3. Collapse the two window panes on the right to a single window pane. That should free up enough vertical resolution to see the layers toolbar

None of that helps.
I managed to temporarily fixed it by closing all the windows, then moving main window up to the top of the screen, in Linux that locks it there. The maximise button came back and i could open the main window, showing the layers at the bottom.
I reopened the laser, move, cut/layer windows, saved the pref, restarted Lightburn, and the problem came back.
Going back to the load pref, does not show my new one which i saved.
Might have to raise a support ticket, as i need to make a few things for next Wed

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.