Lightburn's Focus Test Feature and Z-Axis Cycling

Thanks for integrating the focus test feature into Lightburn.

I’m wondering if there is anyway to prevent the test from cycling the z-axis back up and then down for each test line? Please see video for my laser’s bed z-axis cycling during the focus test. I’ve also included images of key settings used for the test.

As an aside, curious and stumped on the “High Power Laser Mode” option. I’ve searched the manual and didn’t see it. Also tried pressing F1 while hovering on the option and hitting the ‘?’ on the Focus Test dialog box without any luck.

FYI. My laser (Thunder Laser Nova 63-130W) is using a Ruida RDC6442G controller (v8.07.70). I’m running Lightburn 1.0.6 on a Windows 10 Laptop.

LB Focus Test Settings
LB Device Settings

Here’s the link to a video showing the issue. Lightburn Focus Test showing Z-Axis Cycling

Thank you,
D

Optimize Z-Moves is supposed to prevent the Z from constantly bouncing up & down, but for some reason that changed so the end of each layer resets it, and I can’t recall why that was done. I’ll have to go have a look through the code history.

I’ve fixed this for the next release.

1 Like

Thank you, sir! :blush::blush::blush::blush::blush:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.