Ligthburn Bridge cannot be found in scan

I have 3 newer Lightburn Bridges (the red/white ones) each connected to one of my lasers. Up until about 2 months ago all 3 worked fine but one of them now will not connect to anything. When I scan for it, it never shows up. I have not yet re-flashed the Bridge to see if that fixes the problem since I’m not sure if it’s a hardware issue or software. I had to go back to using my oldest Bridge (from a couple of years ago) to be able to use one of the lasers. Should I just go ahead and re-flash it to see if that solves the problem or are there any other trouble shooting steps I should take?

It’s using DHCP to obtain an address and it does change periodically as my router is really hard to force into a fixed address for a MAC address. Power cycling it doesn’t help and since it can’t find it when it scans, I’m assuming either it’s not asking for an address or it’s not paying attention to having gotten one.

The new bridges are a lot faster and I would like to get this one working again.

Are you able to see that the router has assigned an IP to the bridge? If so, what’s the IP? Can you ping the IP from your computer?

If you’re not certain about the IP assignment, try running this in a Command Prompt. Then return the full text here:

arp -a

Do you also know the MAC address of the non-working Pi?

Also, do you have a monitor that you can plug the Pi into?

If you need to, look up your router on the Internet and see how to bind a specific ip with their associated MAC address.

I have a Linksys and the browsers gui allow me change things. I use the network map and click (or right click) on the device. I can then click the Edit DHCP Reservation. All of these have some way to do this.

Good luck

:smile_cat:

I have an AT&T UVerse Pace router and it’s not easy to do this. Once it assigns an IP address you can tell it to use a fixed one, but then 90% of the time it doesn’t actually do that. It’s a known issue with the model of router.

It does not appear that that LB Bridge is getting an address. I’m using the process of elimination for the MAC address since the other two new ones start with e4:5f:01:f7. Two of them, which are working have addresses and the third one which isn’t working is not in the arp list. And not in the list on the router either.

I don’t have a spare monitor to plug into the LB Bridge, I’d have to use one off of one of my shop computers to do that, which means doing it after hours when no one else is around. If it were to do that, what would I be doing with it?

This would more be about confirming that the Pi is booting and loading the Bridge software correctly. If booting correctly you should see a status page that shows you the state of the Bridge.

If you don’t get that then reflashing the Bridge software may be the easiest route forward.

I decided just to reflash the LB Bridge and that at least got me to being able to set up its network connection again and get an address. But it will not connect to any of my lasers so I suspect it’s ethernet port has gone bad. It flashed yellow/green for a few minutes, finally went to solid yellow/green but it refuses to talk to any of my lasers when I switch cables and rescan. I’ll report it to Lightburn.

If this is your router, then it’s explained on pages 20 and 21.

Does this not work?

:smile_cat:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.