Line edit and extend issue

Hi,
I’m new to lightburn, I have followed the video for trim and extend, when
I select node edit to remove line as l hover over the line to delete the arrow cursor changes to the small squiggle ( or whatever it’s called ) and nothing is removed when l hit C, I’m sure it’s something simple, for the life of me i can’t find it.

Thank you Ralph,

I’m a bit deaf, the T sounded like C to me

When hovering over most everything in LightBurn, you will see a Tool-Tip bubble for that thing and you can also hover and hit F1 to be taken to our documentation for that topic. When in ‘Edit Node’, hover brings you to this section: Redirecting...

Edit Nodes tool

The Edit Nodes tool allows you to edit the nodes, lines, and curves that make up a shape in LightBurn. Note that built-in primitives in LightBurn, like Text, Ellipses and Rectangles, cannot be edited without converting them to a generic path object first using Convert to Path.

Allows you to move the vertices of a selected shape. You can select multiple nodes with the mouse.

•Pressing the S key when hovering over a node will convert it to a smooth node, and if required, creates tangent handles that can be manipulated from it.
•Pressing S while hovering over a line will convert the line to a smooth curve, with tangent handles, but leaves the shape of the original line intact.
•Pressing L while hovering over a smooth curve will convert it back to a straight line.
•Pressing C while hovering over a node will convert it to a corner, allowing the two handles to be manipulated independently of each other.
•Pressing D when hovering over a node will delete it and connect the lines on either side together.
•Pressing D when hovering over a line will delete it and open or split the shape.
•Pressing I when hovering over a line or curve will insert a new node at that point along the line.
•Pressing M when hovering over a line or curve will insert a new node at the midpoint of the line.
•Pressing B when hovering over a point will break the curve at that point

Trim and Extend
•Pressing T when hovering over a line will trim the line under the mouse at the next intersection with another line.
•Pressing E when hovering over a point will extend the line from the point under the mouse to the next intersection with another shape.

See … page 118

LightBurn Documentation

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.