Line layer: how to cut whole shape before moving on to next pass?

Hello everyone,

I know for fill layers there is this option to cut all shapes or to cut individual shapes. I can’t really find such an option for line layers.

Here’s the problem:

When cutting black acrylic I need about 8 passes with my settings. Now if there are small details on the shape, these passes happen in quick succession, overheating and melting the material. Which doesn’t exactly help for a clean cut.

As an example, say I want to cut a big letter “A”. The “A” has this small inside triangle. Now if I set the layer to 8 passes, Lightburn will do the triangle 8 times, melting the acrylic, instead of doing e. g. the outer shape, then the inner shape (or vice versa), and only THEN continuing with the next pass. Does that make sense?

I’ve tried most of the optimization settings but to no avail. Anything I’m missing here? So in a nutshell, I’m looking for a way to cut the ENTIRE shape before moving on to the next pass, instead of cutting an individual shape 8 passes and then moving on to the next shape.

Thank you!

I don’t believe there’s a direct way of doing what you’re asking.

Try this as an alternative. Instead of using the number of passes to run the cut multiple times, perhaps try creating sublayers, one for each pass.

Based on your description, sounds like this could be a viable strategy.

Ah, so you mean like 8 dupes of the same layer as sublayers with the same settings? That sounds like a hack, but should totally do the trick. I’ll try this out. Good thought, thank you very much!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.