Linux Mint LB 1.2.03

Have run LB on my Linux desktop with no problems. At a LB prompt I started to update to latest version. All appeared to go ok however when I attempt to run LB it fails indicating no suitable application. Tried to go back to previous version but still the same problem with both options. Can I get advise howto resolve.

Solved. After a good bit of hunting about installed through Terminal.

I have a quick way of doing this. I put few things in my root, but Lightburn directory is there.

When I want to upgrade I rename the folder with an “-x”.

In nautilus (file browser) I can click the .7z lightburn file that will open the archive manager. Once there, click ‘extract’.

You need to backup in the directory structure so you are under ‘home’ you will see your root directory there. Highlight it and click ‘extract’.

It will put it in your root and use the original ‘desktop’ file.

Makes upgrading an easy task. If it doesn’t work you can rename it or delete it. Rename the original back to Lightburn it you’ll be up on the previous version…

Take care

:smile_cat:

Thanks. I think I will abandon upgrades, if its not broke leave it alone.

Where did you get the 1.2.03 version? I downloaded the .7z version and it report it’s 1.2.02 and complains when I open a 1.2.03 .lbrn2 file. Got mine off the Lightburn beta Google drive.

Just tried it … again, same issue.

I’ve asked @JohnJohn about the problem, he has made them aware…

I try to run the beta if possible… The more it’s driven the more bullet proof it becomes…

I do not upgrade firmware unless there is a specific need… guess I’ve bricked too many things…

:smile_cat:

I downloaded from the LB site. Normally I just open properties and allow programm to run but to no avail. I am no techey, at 78, and just blundered about. I wonder how others get on. Having said all that I do enjoy LB.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.