Longer ray 5 10w conect problem

I installed lightburn on the other computer, but I can’t connect to the laser properly. Everything is fine on the first computer.

I have a longer ray5 10w

When connecting the device automatically, it finds my device, GBRL-M3(1.1 or earlier). The area is 10x10mm, while I have 400x400, but it still doesn’t communicate.

I tried reinstalling the program, setting up the connection manually, exporting the settings from the first PC and it still doesn’t communicate.

During the first installation, I mistakenly selected the FTDI serial driver (DSPS) installation. Could this be the problem?

No, the FTDI driver does not interfere with a CH340 driver usually. If you connect the laser, do you see a COM port assigned in device manager? I guess you should, if automatic detection works.
So after adding the laser manually, make sure to select the correct COM port in the laser window.

Some of the 32-bit controllers use a different Variable speed spindle control algorithm than the traditional 8-bit GRBL. This change causes the letter V to not show up in the Build options.

It’s more likely that the Longer Ray 5 (10W) is new enough to be in the odd 32-bit category.

GRBL-M3 is a very early version where using the laser with constant power is the only option.

I recommend changing the Device Profile to a plain and simple GRBL and then loading the current CH340 driver just in case. Is the CH340 chip visible on the board? IF so you can confirm the suffix, the letter after CH340.

https://www.wch-ic.com/downloads/CH341SER_ZIP.html

Thank you, after installing the driver works fine

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.