Longer Ray 5 20W connect air assist

Hello i just bought a longer ray 5 20w but i would like to connect an air assist pump( aquarium pump) to it.
Can anybody help me with some explanation how to connect it to the controller and lightburn so i goes automatic on and of?
Thx

Hi Peter, I have the same laser with air assist. From what I have read and understand the Ray5 laser does not have a relay to turn the pump on or off. What I do (and there is probably a better way!), I make a box around the project and have the laser set for 6000mm/m and 5 passes, 2% power. I do the engraving portion first pump off, my 6000mm/m 5 pass next, flip the pump back on, then cut layers. Engravings on 3mm wood tend to scorch.

Inconvenient, I know, but works until I figure out the Advanced cut settings on Lightburn.

It looks like it is a MKS DLC32 board clone. Check if there is an I2C port labled on the board. If yes, it might be easy to add a relay. Check this page for the wiring: Relay Control - Diode Laser Wiki (DLC32 section).

The easiest way is to check whether you can toggle the SCL pin using M8 and M9 in the console.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.