Looking at this machine

So what are the good and the bad with this machine, im trying to stay around the 2k mark so any suggestions about this machine or a similar one post away.

Thanks

I have the yellow/black version and it has been a workhorse.
The only issue has been the power supply. I have been through two in a year. The first I had to pay for since they only had a 90 day warranty. $115.00. Second one was still under warranty and was replaced. First PS failure was not obvious but the second one had the high voltage wire short to a capacitor in the power supply. I have not had any issues since.

2 Likes

In the software box it says, “RDWorks V8, PowerCut, …”

Those two are not compatible with each other, so it might mean that you’re getting a JQ controller (PowerCut) instead of a Ruida. I would check with the seller, and get it in writing.

I just want it to work with light burn i use your program 99% of the time. So ask if its Ruida contorller?

Yes you need to verify the controller.

I found this one also show in the description that it is Control system: TROCEN

Got a message back they said its a Ruida control

This is the yellow and black 60watt machine that I bought. The power supply fan started to make noise on start up and they promptly sent a whole new supply instead of just the fan.

So far I am very happy with it.

3 Likes

What controller would you recommend TROCEN or Ruida?

I personally have two machines with the Ruida controllers (A 6442, and a 6445) and love them. I have never used a Trocen controller so I can’t offer you a comparison for Trocen, but I am sure someone else will chime in.

2 Likes

So i did order this one im pretty sure i will be asking a hundred questions when i go to set it up for lightburn. https://www.ebay.com/itm/252318712307?ul_noapp=true

I purchased one galvo CO2 for cutting 1 year ago on https://www.laserchina.com/. It is working ok till now. Galvo CO2 is worth trying.

I bought an 80w red & black from Vevor, a great machine that came with button activated z-axis as opposed to a manual handle (which was a nice surprise as it was not mentioned anywhere!) It came bundled with rotary hardware and a very capable chiller unit. :ok_hand:

All in the bundle cost £2,045 which I was very impressed with - there’s a standalone unit for only £1,830 at the moment! (unsure if it has controller activated z-axis though, and doesn’t appear to be bundled with the chiller or rotary hardware either.) It’s plug and play Ruida, automatically found by Lightburn as soon as the Si gle USB cable was plugged in. Very user friendly.

Check the complete review with its pros and cons here https://www.noveltymaker.com/best-laser-engraver/

18 months later, I’m guessing the window is closed.

I agree, This is [Deleted User] 's second similar post on a very old thread.

I reached out to ask if he’s working for Monport and to offer some guidance.

It would be nice if ‘Joe’ was a factory or manufacturer representative or could offer some support efforts here for their product. It’s always nice to see those guys around.

I like their GRBL controller. I might consider the Onyx.

1 Like

I strongly suspected advertising and considered making a cheeky response to that effect, but reconsidered.

I’ve seen some other Monport posts in other forums this week that also smack of advertising.

Maybe AI. Maybe humans paid to post. Maybe coincidence. Regardless, it actually drives me AWAY from the company. Xtool won’t ever get my business simply because of their advertising tactics. Monport is about to get a place on that list…and I used to have them on a short list should I ever decide to jump into the Fiber game. Their loss. No shortage of of other resellers.