Looking for this font and how to

@Blake The pallets I located on Craigslist are super clean . Upcycling and recycling are huge in the Pacific Northwest. The market is begging for it.
Here is an example of maps on recycled wood which are a hot item here

I get it, I’m just saying to be cautious. You can’t see chemicals that have soaked into the wood.

Thank you @Blake, if you think about it that applies to all things we try cut or engrave on our machines. We never know all the chemicals used in the production of the engravable substrates .

Point taken and thanx again

:smiley:

I’m going to argue with you a bit, and say that things we buy from distributors usually come with an msds, so that we do in fact know what was used to manufacture it. Wood is a bit different obviously, but our cnc/laser operation is actually a part of a larger business that runs a couple local sawmills, so I have a pretty good idea. Better than lumber from Home Depot anyhow.

Sorry, not trying to be contrarian lol.

1 Like

I love a great debate! Not all things we engrave are bought from companies that provide materials that have MSDS sheets. Leather is a perfect example. The soft colorful leather is super bad. With everybody looking for the most cost effective source for their materials I doubt that MSDS sheets will prevent them from buying the cheapest which is not always the safest.

If you were to do a survey and ask the forum about how many buy materials only from sources that provide MSDS sheets you will find that the numbers are very low to non existent . Most people on this forum are small business and hobby not major manufacturers concerned with OSHA.

One more fact: MSDS sheets are not required for Consumer Products

1 Like

I was not aware of this. Interesting. Though I’d think (hope) that if you were so inclined, you could find it online for raw material at least. Maybe not, though.

I do know you want veg tanned leather as opposed to chrome. I have only engraved a couple pieces ever, as apparently it’s difficult to deduce which you have, if you didn’t already know. I think you can light a piece on fire and get a good idea based on the color of the flame. Never tried it though.

1 Like

It is important to note that the use of consumer products can be hazardous. The fact that a product is labeled in accordance with the provisions of the Consumer Product Safety Act and exempt from OSHA HCS labeling, does not render that product “safe” to use by workers. This is especially pertinent when, as a condition of employment, an employee must utilize a (hazardous) consumer product with a greater frequency and resultant greater duration of exposure than what is typical of a normal consumer or household use. In these situations, the employee has a “right to know” about the hazards of the chemicals he or she is expected to work with and therefore is exposed to. This is the obvious intent of the standard with regard to workplace consumer product exposure.

The above is directly from OSHA
https://www.osha.gov/laws-regs/standardinterpretations/1991-08-15-1

Cheers

Sasquatch

1 Like

LOL at all the free pallets.
Long ago I worked at a tile factory that had tons of clay delivered every week and they were constantly trying to give away nice clean “only used once” pallets.

You could have made at least a million of those garden stakes from a single months supply of those damned things…

1 Like

We also have a Harbor Freight next to where we live that puts out many super clean used once pallets with smooth lumber .

We are going to invest in this tool to help us break down the pallets easier

If anyone uses pallets for project this is a MUST

Cheers

Sasquatch

1 Like

50 USD for one of these?
I might have to set up a shop for this lol

Look at the video it’s not a fancy crowbar ’ there are a few people on YouTube that have tried to duplicate it but their tools are not as effective.

I respect your entrepreneurial spirit.

Sas

No no I meant the lasered maps on pieces of wood!

1 Like

Ahhhh, but having a closed / sealed machine with fresh air intake and awesome fume extraction (no pressurized ducting) allows for comfortable tolerance for some spilled liquid rat poison on some pallet wood lol :crazy_face:

Here !..you need this @Stroonzo :joy:

Sas

Wow thats awesome, it makes my 10watt laser look like child’s play

Hey Blake,how can i draw such shape with color filled in lightburn? Much appreciated :heart: