Looking for this font and how to

Looking to see if anyone here knows where I can find a font or pre made templates like this so that I can make a few of these without having to reinvent the wheel.

Thank you in advance for your suggestions.

Cheers

Sasquatch

Step 1. Draw a stick thing.

Step 2. Make some text with the same layer color as the stick thing. Align them how you want.

Step 3. Make another box the same color and height as the letters, and slightly wider. Align it with the text vertically and horizontally.

Step 4. This probably could be like… step 2.5 or something, but you’ll need to boolean difference the outside and inside boxes. Select the outside one first, then the inside one, and use Tools -> Boolean Difference. This turns them into one solid shape.

Step 5. Combine the words and stick thing with Boolean Union. You’ll want to make sure your text is through the stick thing. Zoom in and you should see it like this:

After Boolean Union, you’ll see them one shape, like so:

Voila.

7 Likes

Download “what the font” app to your smartphone it has you take a picture of the phone then lists the fonts that are closest to it

1 Like

@Blake YOU ROCK THANK YOU!!!

Cheers

Sasquatch

1 Like

Thank you so much for the input @Ram48 but for some reason it can’t I’d it. I’ve twisted the font so that is parallel and still no ID. I tried other photos. Nothing. I do enjoy that awesome tool lWhat the FONT but no worky worky on this inquiry

American Captain is close. But if you want closer look on Dafont it is a free font site that has thousands of searchable and down-loadablle fonts, some may need a little clean up but most are pretty good as downloaded,Good luck

1 Like

What kind of wood would be the best for this to prevent warping? Thin plywood with a polyurethane coating applied for protection?

https://www.myfonts.com/WhatTheFont/

This might help you Sas

1 Like

Make 'em out of a soft wood and let them compost for next year?

1 Like

Cedar also ages well 1/8”

Cheers

Sasquatch

Have you considered acrylic as the material to make them in? Acrylic would work very well outside or piercing into moist soil.

I made a demo for you :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2 Likes

I would use 1/4 colored Acrylic

Greetings @Stroonzo, yes I have considered using acrylic many times. The BIG challenge is that Gardeners in the Great Pacific Northwest are very politically correct and dislike plastics. Leather and wood are big here. I would be selling these at Farmers Markets for the DYI crowds. I am inclining towards cedar. We sell tomatoes and honey and in the Springtime it is the busiest time people come out to Farmers markets to buy plant starts for their garden and thought I would capitalize on an opportunity.

Cheers

Sasquatch

@Sasquatch, does this mean I need to remake my video using wood? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Ohh no, I loved your video, especially the perforations, that gave me an inspiration for another project… I will make them out of acrylic and sell them online to sell to people in your state… :joy:

Well, that inspired me to make another one just to show off the power of my laser vs 3/4" solid poplar. You want wood, there’s your wood. lol

(but I think this is too thick for its intended use) :hear_no_evil:

Also, just order tons of tongue depressers. They’re cheap, you can make some killer margin, and they’ll be afforable. They’ll buy them every year!

3 Likes

Way cool and powerful @Stroonzo. My favorite part was being able to see the power of the laser glow on the side of the wood being cut.

We have a machine in transit currently, Hoping to get it in the next 7-10 days.

The tongue depressor idea is great but we would need to design a jig for production for sure.

Thank you for sharing friend . :+1: :grinning:

Cheers

Sasquatch

1 Like

I sometimes use recycled redwood for small projects. Old used deck lumber and fence posts and such can be pretty nasty and crappy looking on the outside but when 1/4" is trimmed off the surface with a table saw can have some beautiful tight grained wood inside. I know the PNW’ers love recycled/upcycled/environmentally friendly stuff. (and I do to)
If you’ve got a table saw and can score some old redwood deck lumber or similar you could make a lot of those things from 10’ of old 2x6.

2 Likes

Upcycled, for sure, we were thinking of “upcycling” old doors and pallets that people get rid for free on Craigslist.

Cheers

Sasquatch

1 Like

You should exercise caution when lasering pallet wood, as they’re known to have some pretty gross stuff on them, including hazardous chemicals. And who knows where a pallet has been. They’re often reused.