Losing layers when importing files to Lightburn

I am trying to create an ornament that has 4 layers: Black - Cut, Blue - Score, Red - Line,and Green - Fill. It is a file I purchased, but when I pull it into Lightburn, it loads all black. All layers are lost. How do I fix this? I can only find tutorials on how to do this with images you create in Lightburn. TIA - appreciate the assist, as I have 100 of these ornaments scheduled to be delivered on Tuesday!

Are you importing into a project that already has many layers defined?

If so, try importing into an empty project. If for some reason it still doesn’t work then I’d suggest manually reassigning the layers.

I am importing to an empty project. How can I manually reassign the layers? I tried to “Ungroup” but Auto-Group is on and I can’t seem to get it turned off

Auto-group should have no effect on your ability to ungroup.

1. Select shapes that you want to ungroup
  2. Right-click and ungroup or CTRL-U.
  3. You may need to repeat ungroup multiple times if the shapes have been nested multiple times in groups.

Note that some complex shapes cannot be ungrouped this way but that’s unlikely to be the case for most designs.

Thanks so much for your help. Can you point me to a good video that shows me how to manually reassign layers?

Not sure of a specific video but the process is fairly straightforward.

1. Select shape(s) you want to reassign
  2. Click on the color of the layer on the color palette at the bottom of the screen that you want to assign the shape to
  3. Repeat for other shapes

That is the issue I guess. It thinks the image is 1 shape so it won’t let me choose by color

If this is a purchased file can you DM me the file for review? If the file is meant to have different colors for each operation it seems unlikely that it would be a single shape but let’s see.

If you want to, PM me your file and I can take a look at it.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.