Losing lines when running

I’m creating lake maps, I cut one and it looked good but I wanted to make some adjustments and when I did a new cut I lost a numbers of lines. At first thought there was something wrong with my Ortur 3 but when I looked at the LightBurn preview I saw they were missing on the preview. What am I doing wrong? Here is a picture of the LightBurn screen

Check to see if you have perforation mode or tabs/bridges enabled in your Cut settings.

And duplicated lines - Edit - delete duplicated

Thanks, looks like tabs was the problem. Not sure how it got set for that color.

Unless you have it setup that way LightBurn will retain your last used settings for all layers. So if you have ever loaded a file with that layer set that way it will retain it from the last usage.

I’m fairly new to LightBurn, how do you set it up so it does not retain the settings for all layers?

You can set it up such that LightBurn will start from your default configuration for all layers for every new document or at restart.

Note that you’ll likely need to setup an explicit default setting for each layer for this to work as you expect. You can do this by setting up your settings and pushing “Make default” or “Make default for all” in the Cut settings.

Edit->Settings->File Settings->Load default layer settings on new or restart

Keep in mind that many people do not want this behavior as they’d rather setup their settings once and have it never change as they come back to work on the next job. This will depend on your workflow.

You have the North Arrow layer output turned off, is this where you are missing lines ?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.