Lost usb driver + Ruida controller

Hi,
i have a laser that needs to be connected to lightburn but we dont have the USB driver for the laser. Its been lost. The laser is an Acctek laser with a Ruida RDC6332G controller. Is there a way to find the driver? Ive exhausted google and i cant seem to find anything of where i could download the driver. It was purchased second hand so it wont have support anymore. Im hoping the laser isnt worthless without it.

I don’t know anything about that specific laser but my cheap diodes don’t need drivers for their USB control. It might be worth trying a different USB cable to see if that makes any difference.

Usually these work, as far as I know, but I use Ubuntu Linux, not windows. I ran Lightburn on my spouses Windows 11 machine and had no issues.

Might want to see if the device is in the device manager display. This would confirm the machine sees the device. Does it beep when plug it in?

You can try running Lightburn from a supervisor account… if it’s a protection or access violation it should work from a higher level account.

My suggestion, if possible, use the Ethernet interface. No messing with drivers, ever… It is a network and if you know about networks, you can direct connect it. The Ruida is a static IP device. The most simple way is via your lan.

Good luck

:smile_cat:

At the end of the LightBurn install, there is a checkbox on the screen to install the “FTDI” Driver. This should be all you need to access a Ruida controller via USB and LightBurn. As other have stated, if you use Ethernet connectivity, there is no driver required to talk to the Ruida controller.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.