Low power output from lightburn to machine

Hello I’ve had lightburn for nearly a year and really enjoyed it but have struggled with vector cuts and I’m suspicious that lightburn is somehow impeding the output of the tube. When I pulse the laser at 95 percent I get a 24 ma reading. However when I output a vector job from lightburn with the same 95 percent output it’s firing at 6ma even running the boss test cut file at 95 percent it’s giving me the same 24 ma output when I test fire.

Hopefully you can help

Hi Kasey - from your support email you’re cutting at 5mm/sec, which means the system is using the Min Power value. If you have that set lower than the Max Power, that’ll be the issue.

What settings do you have for that layer? Need to inform us of Min, Max for the power settings along with what speed has been set for this layer.

When you say “even running the boss test cut file at 95 percent it’s giving me the same 24 ma output when I test fire.”, are you using LightBurn to run this test file?

Edit: Oz was a bit faster to respond and provide the answer. I was headed in the same direction. :wink:

For others looking…as answered by Oz via email: “If the speed is 10mm/sec or less, the controller uses Min Power instead of Max Power, so if you’re cutting slow you should set them to the same number.

That’s what I wasn’t aware of that the speed dictated which power value would be used now that I have matching power settings I’m seeing the same ma output as what the test cut file yielded and able to get through the material without a problem. Thanks so much for all the help really appreciate it!

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.