Mac and Update Issues

Hi, I finally tried again to updated to 1.0.04 on my mac. At first everything seemed ok, and I was so excited. In the middle of cutting a file, the machine stopped. I escaped, and restarted, and instead of cutting the selected file, it started cutting a file from yesterday. Needless to say, I went back to 0.9.24. I have yet to been able to update to anything in 1.0. Any suggestions, or will I never be able to play with the big guys? I have a Boss laser.

If you search this forum, you will find there continues to be issues around Mac USB communications with Ruida control systems. We continue to work this, and have additional options for you. :slight_smile:

You mention Boss, yet do not identify the model of motion control system used. For Ruida, at this point, you have 2 alternative communication options for use with Macā€™s.

• Ethernet - Note: If you have only USB ports, Apple offers a USB to Ethernet (ā† click)
  • LightBurn Bridge - The LightBurn Bridge was created by LightBurn to get around some of the limitations of Ruida controllers. Ruida uses the UDP network protocol, which does not guarantee data transmission, and is therefore not reliable enough to use over WIFI. Mac users often do not have a network port on their computers, and running a network cable is often impractical or cumbersome. In addition, Appleā€™s device driver for the USB connection to the Ruida has issues that often cause data loss. - LightBurn Bridge - LightBurn Software Documentation

Thank you for the information. I have the LS 1630. I plug my computer into the laser via the cable, I donā€™t do it over WiFi.
I will look into the bridge. Seems pretty simple to set up. Is it a guarantee fix?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.