Mac Camera Software

I cant get my RD Camera to be recognized on my Lightburn Software. I have a Mac is there a driver that needs to be downloaded?

Thanks in advance!

Can you please explain this a bit more? What is this RD Camera you speak of?

RDV6442G CCD Camera SV300 that is on the head of my laser.

Ah, thank you. LightBurn does not currently provide “head-mounted” camera support. We want to, and have started the work required, but this is going to take some time and nothing “Official” has been announced.

The camera support we do provide is explained here:

Do you know of any software that I could use?

RDCam if I remember the name correctly. Whatever came with this hardware is unfortunately the only option that I am aware of. Windows application from Ruida.

That’s a marketing description.

Go to Apple > About this Mac > system Report > USB, and select the camera.

You will see the USB IDs: In my case Product ID is 0x082d, vendor ID is 0x046d

SZ.com is a good lookup engine: USB ID Database - Vendor ID and Product ID list - the sz development

(0x indicates it’s a hex number - you can search for 082d, just as 0x082d)

Once you have that info, you can chase down a driver.

This would mean connecting the camera directly to your computer via USB, not to the controller. It kinda obviates the need for the RDV controller, but should work with LB.

BTW… Most Mac users don’t need to install drivers for graphics cards, printers, or scanners because they are taken care of with operating system updates. To install a printer, scanner or USB device on your Mac, just plug it in. While your Mac’s generic drivers may let you use the device, you’ll need the device’s bundled software application to access all of its features. Easiest answer is … You will just need to find a cheap MAC compatable camera.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.