Mac & FoxAlien LE-4040 Issues. PLEASE HELP

Hey everyone. I just got my FoxAlien LE-4040 assembled and downloaded lightburn. I turned on the unit and connected it via usb. I cannot get the Mac or Lightburn to recognize the laser. The laser came with a copy of lasergrbl, but others say they use lightburn on Mac with it. Any advice as to what I’m doing wrong? Do I need drivers downloaded to connect the laser? Anyone have any tips for what I need to be checking? I am currently running OS 10.13.6.

did you install the driver for mac?

I don’t believe that Mac uses “drivers”. When you do a “about this mac”, then click on “system report”. Look under USB and look for things like "keyboard
", “card reader”, etc. Look to see if the laser is listed there. Maybe post a screen shot of the USB hardware screen. If the USB buss can not see the laser, then it won’t connect. This seems like more of a hardware issue, as opposed to a lightburn issue. Maybe contact the FoxAlien LE-4040 forum?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.