Mac Mini an Lightburn problem

I have an Ortur Laser Master Pro 2 10 watt using a Mac Mini computer go to run a project it goes in run one line an stops an no matter what I try it won’t do anything else I can switch over to my MacBook an it runs fine only problem I have to use my MacBook for other things an it’s not always available
Any help would be greatly appreciated

When it fails, what does the console display?

Did you export and import your settings.

:smile_cat:

After the first block of information it moves to position cuts that then the console reads ok over and over for the rest of the program I have tried many different programs and they all do the same an when I connect my MacBook they run just fine

Yes on a Mac Mini I just airdrop setting to the MacBook the same ones I was trying an they just worked

So is it working now?

Not with the Mac Mini the MacBook runs just fine Ortur said if it runs on one computer an not the other it must be Lightburn settings I have checked settings I have run an rerun once the first line of information is read every block reads ok for all the rest of lines it will put ok over an over for every line of information left weather it’s a short program or a long program it’s just repeating the ok

One more thing it started after the last update I don’t know if that could have anything to do with it or not

Not if you’ve updated both machines…?

Both Mac’s are running the version I’m to the point I’m thinking there was a glitch as the update was installed I am probably going to uninstall Lightburn an do a reinstall

I run two versions of Lightburn. I have a beta and a release. You should be able to install them both on your machine. Switching when needed…

73’s de KA7CMF

Is your Mac mini with apple chips – M1 or M2 – and your MacBook an older one with Intel chipset? I have read that the newer chipsets will run the LB software fine, but the ports that output to the laser don’t communicate well.

I design on my Mac mini (M1) and share on iCloud with my MacBook Pro (2015) that I use to hook up to the laser.

My Mac Mini has the M2 the MacBook Pro has the M1
I an Xtool D1 Pro laser it runs just fine I have changed usb cable thinking it could have something Ortur thought it maybe the motherboard but when I told the the MacBook ran it ok they said it wasn’t the motherboard they are kinda leaning towards the Mac Mini at this point I’m scratching my head

https://learn.sparkfun.com/tutorials/how-to-install-ch340-drivers/all

I installed a 340 chip driver. Never knew if it really made a difference, but it works now, Used the source above. Seems legit. Not sure if Xtool D1 has a 340 on its motherboard.

My Xtool D1 Pro runs great it’s my Ortur that won’t run from my Mac Mini but I will try the 340 chip driver

Thanks everyone I got it running but I had to uninstall both lasers an can only install my Ortur to get Ortur to run if I have it find an setup my Xtool D1Pro the Ortur will go back to running the first line of information even if my Xtool is unplugged

This all started after Mac OS update an the last Lightburn update not sure which one or both I hadn’t been doin any work for awhile
Thanks everyone for your ideas

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.