Mac Networking yet again

Well, I really do appreciate all the help. It’s actually one of the better parts if the internet.

Good to see you got it working. It’s easy for non-Mac people to overthink it - the sharing takes care of all the addressing (which is why I recommend it for novices) and you just need to be in the same network domain with a spare IP address for it to work.

Just a couple of points - your gateway address on the laser should be the same as your ISP gateway - likely 192.168.1.1 and the IP needs to be individual - no netmask needed (255.255.x.x.) as it’s not going anywhere outside your domain (192.168.1.x) - Ruida use UDP, not TCP as a protocol.

TMI :slight_smile:

A good basics on networking fundamentals is this series of 5 videos: Introduction to Networking | Network Fundamentals Part 1 - YouTube

Thanks for this information.

Awesome. As always thanks, and thanks for the links. Going to start there.

THANKS!! I’ve been searching two days for the answer as to why my mac wouldn’t communicatie with the laser. This solved it! LETS GOOOO!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.