Mac OS, Camera/Port issues

I’m about an inch from loosing my mind here, but every time I try to run the camera wizard (comgrow camera plus arm kit) Lightburn crashes. Also, every time it runs into a snag it forgets the port my laser is on so I have to utterly restart my computer to make it find the port again. (MacOSVentura, iMac, M1 chip)

What is happening here and how do I fix it?

2 Likes

Check to make sure LightBurn is allowed to access your camera in your Mac’s Security & Privacy settings.

System Preferences > Security & Privacy > Privacy > Camera > make sure the box next to LightBurn is checked.

If that doesn’t work, check to see if your camera is working with another app, like Photobooth. Make sure you are directly connected from your camera to your Mac, without any USB hubs or extenders (if you need to use these, they must be externally powered).

1 Like

It does have security access, it is functioning with Photo Booth, and I have an active USB extension attached to a powered hub.

Thanks - I’ll have to ask for more input on this internally.

Are you getting a crash report after LightBurn crashes? If so, please send it to support@lightburnsoftware.com

I am getting a crash report. I sent an email as well.

We’ve received it and have escalated internally.

1 Like

Thanks Colin! It has definitely been frustrating, so I’m glad to have the help.

Just popping back in since I’ve had no follow up and am now loosing days of work to this issue.

I’ve re-raised the issue to try and get some more eyes on it. I’ve been unable tor replicate your issue with my LM3 on Ventura with a LightBurn camera.

Yeah, it’s been pretty frustrating. I’m still not sure why the update to Ventura seemed to kick my laser bed settings from 400/400 to 700/700, and I am struggling to find drivers for this camera because it simply will not work.

MacOS permissions are a bit of a minefield, we’ve seen an uptick in camera-related issues with 3rd party cameras in Ventura.

I am having the exact same issue. After reviewing some video it seems lightburn supports USB 2. I need to figure out how to downgrade my USB-C port to handle USB 2.0. I am not 100% sure I am on the right path.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.