Mac OS Catalina - Lightburn 0.9.23 - resetting jog direction

Mac OS 10.15.7 - Lightburn 0.9.23 - Shapeoko standard SO3 I am sorry to ask this question. I am frustrated because not having used Lightburn in a while, I now cannot get it to jog correctly. After running my Shapeoko CNC, I run the following Macro but to no avail. Any help would be very much appreciated, thank you.

Macro run after using CNC:

$32=1
$10=0
$20=0
G10 L2 P1 X-459 Y-415

Screenshot of job:

Settings:

Device Settings:

Current behaviour:
Home button and home symbol bring the laser to home at top right.
Z axis operates for correct amount in correct direction.

Jog press :arrow_left: brings laser in -Y direction and does not stop
Jog press :arrow_down: bring laser in -X direction and does not stop
Jog press :arrow_up: brings laser in diagonal direction towards -X and -Y thus :arrow_lower_left: and does not stop
Jog press :arrow_right: brings laser in diagonal direction towards -X and -Y thus :arrow_lower_left: and does not stop

Have you homed the machine? (that would likely be necessary).

You have also not set your page size to correctly match the machine size, and the jogging moves will restrict you to that range.

1 Like

Thanks Oz… it was not the homing which I had carried out… it was the work area that caused the issue. My apologies for being so dumb. :thinking: :blush:

It’s not always obvious. LightBurn’s work area is used to clamp movement to your machine limits - it’s not intended to be a document size. For that I’d suggest just drawing a rectangle with one of the tool layers, and lock it if you don’t want it moved.

1 Like

Yes, it was my mistake in thinking that the work area equated to the size of the workpiece. Your suggestion is a good one and I will follow that. The software performed faultlessly (and as expected) once I had woken up. Thanks Oz.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.