Mac OS/Mophorn Laser Engraver/K40

I recently ordered a Mophorn Laser Engraver (I assume it is the equivalent to the K40) and have a Mac Laptop I would like to run the engraver. If I purchase the software will I be able to operate the system? or is there additional hardware I must purchase and install as well. Thanks in advance.

If it comes with a Ruida controller, it’ll be plug and play basically. Do you know what controller it’s coming with? Maybe some pictures of it if you’re not sure.

All I have right now is the link from amazon as I just ordered it. I looked through the page but couldn’t find anything maybe if you look at it you may be able to tell. I am trying to do my homework before it gets here so I can get to work on it. It should arrive between Friday and Monday if all this corona virus business lets it get ing.
https://www.amazon.com/Mophorn-Inch-USB-DIY-Laser/dp/B072QS5SSB/ref=sr_1_4?crid=NQ5S6XDHLTLY&dchild=1&keywords=mophorn+laser+engraving+machine&qid=1585228815&s=office-products&sprefix=mophorn+laser+%2Coffice-products%2C174&sr=8-4

I’m not intending to be rude, but when it comes to things like this, doing your homework before you spend the money would probably save you some cash in the long run.

That said:

The important parts from that link are:

Software Supported: CorelDraw software (both NewlyDraw and NewSeal function)

Graphic Format Supported:BMP/JPG/JPEG/WMF/EMF/PLT

That’s not a Ruida in any fashion. I’m not sure what kind it is, but I don’t think it’s going to be as easy for you. I think your best option is going to be buying a Ruida controller or getting a controller from C3D.

I could be wrong though, but I don’t think LB supports that controller that’s coming with it. Hopefully someone else will chime in if I’m wrong.

No offense taken, I really appreciate the info. I initially intended to use my PC but I also have an older Mac that I wouldn’t mind dedicating to the system which is why I was posting. Either way maybe in the future I’ll look to it. Thanks again.

That is not supported by LightBurn. If it has an M2 Nano controller you can use CorelLaser, LaserDRW, K40 Whisperer, or Meerk40t (the latter two can be run on Mac).

Thank you I will look into it when it comes in…Thank you.

And… Visicut: https://visicut.org - which has multi-platform capability.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.