Hello, I am trying to download the Lightburn software, but I continue to get the Malicious software error. It doesn’t give me any other options, how do I get around this to download it? Any help would be appreciated.
We provide documentation to assist you.
This is worth review: Installing Lightburn - LightBurn Software Documentation
Installing on the Mac is simple, but requires you tell MacOS that you trust us. LightBurn is digitally signed, but Apple has added a new process called ‘Notarization’ that we have not completed yet.
Click here for a step-by-step video walkthrough: https://youtu.be/nH3rSbmn-H4
To Install the LightBurn application:
- Double-click the LightBurn.dmg file to mount the disk image.
- Drag the LightBurn application into your applications folder
- Eject the LightBurn disk image, or drag it to the trash bin
When launching LightBurn for the first time:
- Open a Finder window
- Browse to the ‘Applications’ folder
- Hold the Control key and click the LightBurn icon, or right-click or / two-finger tap the icon
- Choose ‘Open’ from the menu
- When MacOS asks if it should open the program, say yes, and it will be listed as an exception in your launcher. From then on you can just launch the application normally.
Thank you for the feedback, double clicking didn’t work, but when I right and choose open, it allowed me to. Thank you for the help!
This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.