Machine Busy or Paused, Nothing is working

I have been using LightBurn with my machine for well over a year. Now when I send a job, I either get the red light on my Gweike or the “machine is busy or paused” message. I’ve been trying to figure this out for days and have orders I need to get out as well as a craft show I’ve had to pull out of.
So far, I have done the following:
Replaced the USB cable
Deleted my machine from lightburn and reconnected
Checked everything over in my machine and cleaned it thoroughly
Restarted and replugged everything about a 100 times
Image is not too close to the edge of the workspace

I am honestly at a loss of what else to try. I am pretty experienced at troubleshooting the common issues at this point but nothing is working. Please help!

Did this issue come up all of a sudden, or has it gradually gotten worse?
Was the replacement USB cable shielded?
Has there been a relocation of the laser or equipment around it?
Has any new equipment been added to the work area?
Have you tried using s different USB connector on the MAC or PC?
Has there been a software update to the MAC or PC?
Have you tried any other software to communicate with the laser?

One last possibility is the USB port to the Ruida is failing. If the Ruida is WIFI or ethernet capable, you might try that.

Hi Mike,
Thanks for getting back to me. The last bigger job I ran, it did pause a few times mid job which is unusual. I hadn’t used it in a couple of weeks after, and had this problem when I tried. I am not sure what you mean by the USB cord being shielded, but I did replace it to see if it mine had gone bad.
Equipment has not been moved or added.
I did try more than one USB port on my MAC with both the old and new cord.
No software updates to the MAC.
I have not tried other software.
I did try uninstalling and reinstalling lightburn, no difference.
I am able to frame and adjust my focal length successfully in lightburn.
I had the same thought about a possible bad port, do you think I’d still be able to frame a job if that were the case though?

Thanks for any advice!

Hi Brittany… welcome to the group…

Usually the red ring indicates the Ruida had some type of error. When you run a job, it will usually warn you (red ring) if your overscan goes outside the work area. I’d think any kind of error you get, you’d only see the red ring… One of the issues with these and the Polar.

Unfortunately, Lightburn cannot control it via Ethernet. I think the link will explain.

Might want to read over this when you get time. Might read this post from @BillieRuben, she’s using one of these I believe… at least she knows about them.

You can drag and drop your .lbrn2 file on the reply/edit window and it will upload it. We’ll see if we see anything… if that’s ok by you.

Good luck

:smile_cat:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.