Machine just stops

Hi all. Was playing around with sculpfun s9 and a few days ago it just stopped mid job when trying to do a picture on wood now it stops seconds into a project but. It will cut a piece with no problems and compltes that job what did i mess up. And yes i bought a license for the sw
Any suggestion would help

This is most likely a communication issue. I’d suggest doing a search on this forum for similar issues as there are a countless number of them.

Here’s one link to a mention in the FAQ section that describes similar issues:
How to troubleshoot connection issues with USB - FAQ - LightBurn Software Forum

Additionally to PYs link, I have another one that lists common issues, especially with Sculpfun lasers. The S9 is known to be very sensitive to electrical disturbances and bad USB cables.

Static electricity and EM noise can both introduce a communication obstacle and cause a project to stop.

If you have an electric drill or an electric egg beater with a Brush-type motor that can be plugged in near the engraver you could confirm or refute that EM noise concerns are possible. Both of these devices are typically very (EM) noisy.

Please test to see if you can break communication by introducing EM noise.

Compressors and exhaust fans are occasionally noisy enough to cause Job-stopping communication failure.

The “now it stops Seconds into” is the qualifier that has me curious.

I expect that several back-and-forth motions while engraving will generate more static electricity than cutting an outline. I’m attempting to understand if the stop is more related to number of instructions, elapsed time, engrave speed, or an undescribed environmental factor.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.