Machine settings blank. No communication

Just put my Sculpfun S30 Pro together. Using a Dell windows 10 laptop. Installed a driver & finally got it to find it. Went to machine settings & it’s just a blank box & says communication with controller failed. I’ve tried restarting everything but the same. Also clicked the home button to bring laser down to front left & it downs’t move.

What com port in device manager does windows see for your machine?

I will look tomorrow. Ran out of time today

Debbie, Go into the Device settings on your laptop, go down to the USB port/Hub select properties, and make sure the check box isn’t selected for “turn off port to save energy” If you have more than one USB port on your laptop try another port as not all ports provide the same power levels on some laptops.

I will try that tomorrow. Thank you. I’ll let you know if it works

If you can’t find the spot I can send you a picture of the screenshot, just holler, on my Win 10 system the option was turned off and my S10 wouldn’t connect.

I’ll let you know tomorrow if I can’t find it. Thanks

Here is a guide on how to set the laser up correctly: Setting up the software - Diode Laser Wiki

I refound my laser & settings are showing up in machine settings. The laser moved over to the left & hit the limit switch & just stopped. Didn’t come down to front left. Got a error code 9. I turned on the hard limits & homing cycle in machine settings. Not sure what else I need to change

Thanks everyone. Everything is good. Once laser moved it hit top limit switch & stopped. I finally found a small square of packing stuff up in the top piece. Once I removed that it will home.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.