Machine stopping when going from rapids to laser on then stopping again at laser off back to rapid

Hi all.
I’m new to lasers but not CNC having previously built a CNC plasma table 8 years ago.
I’ve now completed my MPCNC with a 10w laser head controlled via a RAMPS1.4 board and Marlin 2.x
When using lightburn to create the power speed grid I notice the edges of the rectangle are all darker than the middle of the rectangles.
I had noticed something similar when doing some test burns, the ends of the lines were always deeper\darker than the middles. I figured this was down to some setting I’ve yet to discover so set about doing a power\speed grid to establish the best combination. But the darkness continued.
Having watched the machine ofr a while it appears the carriages are actually momentarily stopping between rapids and laser on, even when I have overscan selected. It still stops then accelerates again.

I’m sure this is a setting I have missed somewhere - would someone be kind enough to provide some guidance?
Many thanks in advance
Dan

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.