Machine will not jog or move using lightburn

Good afternoon,

My machine moves fine using grbl or laser grbl. However it won’t move using lightburn either jogging or using commands. The console says it’s ready. It appears to be connected but I’m new to this so…

Im using a longmill mk2 and lasertree k30 laser.
Openbuilds x32 controller.
K30 is not available as a pick in the setup drop down box. I selected the grbl option and maybe that has something to do with it?

K30 is on and appears to be running properly. In grbl I can turn the laser on and off in the tool section.

The only error I get is SD card not initialized or something similar. Thanks for your help and Merry Christmas!

Probably a setup file that needs to be installed.

Probably but I don’t have any idea on what it would be or where to get it.

Can you do screenshot or paste console window?

Here is a screenshot of the console area. When the group grbl connects you can here the steppers engage. Still no motion.

![20231227_081408|375x500]
(upload://7bVfrL0OMvfxygWsvDQeJUeXe9k.jpeg)

I verified the laser works properly with the machine and control by burning a test file using LaserGrbl.

Make sure you have disconnected from all other control software.
Have you removed sd card and tried?

Yes I made sure control was disconnected from all other software. Not sure about SD card, I’ll have to check. Holiday events have pulled me away for a few…

Thanks for your help with this. It’s weird that lightburn says it’s ready but the dialog box in the second picture says no machine.

No SD Card

Moving now and works. Reinstalled with FTD driver and also CH340 driver.
Not sure which one fixed it but working now. Thanks for helping with this.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.