MacOS issue with 0.9.21 and Ruida

The project file format has nothing to do with why your files are stopping. Try using ‘Send’ to send the file to the machine instead of ‘Start’ and see if that works.

I am using the RDworks V8 D Controller.

I will try using send instead of start and see if that makes a difference.

I need to know if it is a 6442, 6445, 5121, etc… Model number, not “Ruida”. :slight_smile:

Pardon my ignorance! Model is 644XG.

On the controller it says Ruida 6442G-B both versions of lightburn just says 644xg

I believe I’ve identified the cause. Can users with the Ruida connection issue please try this version and let me know if this solves you issue?

Win64: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Dg1JF2q78jU8IchmbLHByK1M18iPM7W4/view?usp=sharing
MacOS: https://drive.google.com/file/d/19fZWYdAHbmxVabY4ExlgXiH2gI3wJx_B/view?usp=sharing

Thanks so much for your support - never expected such immediate response!
You have an amazing team at Lightburn!
Now it‘s midnight over here, so I will try tomorrow and report back to you.
Wish you a nice weekend!
Wolf
Ruida 6445G

Dear Lightburn Team,
here my report to the modified version as promised.

I installed your modified Version 0.9.21-2 and did dome trials to see if this update runs more stable, but unfortunately I ran into the same problem that my laser suddenly stop working.
I used a job with an image and vector graphics, total time according Lightburn 17:11 and the laser stopped at 15:05.

The old version 0.9.20 works without any problems!

I made a small video to show the problem in action, the laser sound like it looses suddenly power on the stepper motor.
here is the link to the youtube video of the problem:

Thanks for your great support - I hope you will still work on this problem to resolve it!
Any new trials please let me know - I will test within 24h!

For now I will downgrade to 0.9.20

Ok, you have a 6445 controller, not a 6442, and so far that is one of the things that seems to be common among people with the issue. MacOS was one, 6445 controller is the other.

Thanks for your feedback,
What does your answer mean - Do you still try to find a solution?
With 0.9.20 I had no problem at all - obviously the new Update had some changes how to handle the controller.

e.g.: you mentioned that Ruida should have even fewer issues with connectivity:

TEMPORARY CONNECTIONS FOR DSP CONTROLLERS

Ruida, Trocen, and TopWisdom users should now have fewer issues with connectivity. LightBurn now connects to DSP controllers only when active. If you run multiple copies of LightBurn and have had issues sending to the laser from your 2nd copy, this fixes it.

However, would appreciate if you could look in to your controller connectivity improvements, if there any conflicts now with the 6445 controller.

Could you please try to find a fix for this issue.

Thanks and have a nice weekend!

For anyone having Ruida connection issues, please try one of these, and report back if it works for you.

Big Sur:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1XvTlUMFzVkTOqEJ_SGnfDAfhR8yV--q2/view?usp=sharing

Mojave, Catalina, or older:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/19fZWYdAHbmxVabY4ExlgXiH2gI3wJx_B/view?usp=sharing

Win64:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Dg1JF2q78jU8IchmbLHByK1M18iPM7W4/view?usp=sharing

GOOD NEWS!
Thanks for offering a modified Lightburn version 9.21-3
I just made a trial with a 17min. job, including image, engraving, cutting.
The job runs smoothly to the end, without any problems, this never happened with the previous version.
I tried a second job, ca. 15min., also includes image, engraving, cutting, this job also runs to the end without problem.
I would say this version is running stable and can only say a BIG Thank You to the Lightburn team.

My workflow is as follows:
Design Laser models on iMac BigSur and save it in the cloud.
Then at the workshop, we have an old MacBook on the machine with OS 10.12.6 Sierra

Here again my system configuration on the 1060 laser for reference:
Ruida 6445, MacBookPro 10.12.6 Sierra, USB cable connection with FTDI driver from Lightburn Forum.

I used the following Download you offered for Mojave, Catalina or older!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/19fZWYdAHbmxVabY4ExlgXiH2gI3wJx_B/view?usp=sharing

THANK YOU for offering a stable version 0.9.21 !

Ok. The same issue here with lightburn ver. 0.9.22 and Ruida … Can not recognize the 6445G controller.
I already downloaded the above drivers to add Ruida manually but without any luck … couldn’t find the Ruida controller in my lightburn controller list .

Actually for me the connection problem is solved with Ver. 0.9.22
I’m using an old Mac book pro with Sierra and a Ruida 6445G.
Both are connected with USB cable.
But you need install the FTDIUSB driver you can find somewhere above mentioned and linked.
Under Devices in Lightburn you have only one choice for Ruida Controllers, just took that and connect.

Yes . i already installed the above drivers , but couldn’t find the Ruida controller in lightburn under devices . I’m using Mac Book Pro with Mojave.

Which license do you have? You will not see any of the DSP control systems LightBurn supports if you do not have the DSP License.

You can upgrade to unlock DSP support from our web store here: LightBurn Software - Add DSP support to existing license

Same for me as Rick showed on the screenshot.
I’m using the DSP version from Lightburn and simply choose „Ruida“ from the menu.
It’s included in the Lightburn DSP Version.

1 Like

I’m having this issue on a Ruida 664XG with the newest version of lightburn, I’m having the issue where I send a file from a laptop with High Sierra, and the run counter will start but movement and no laser action, but when I hit stop, it will stop and double beep like normal. The files that were posted on the links above are no longer working it seems.

The Lightburn download versions above are alterations in the update process and might not be available to download now, the problems are all fixed in 9.22. The recent version 9.23 I did‘nt try yet, because 9.22 is running stable for my system and no major changes are happened in 9.23.
The Lightburn developer Team invested in different Mac OS Systems for trials which alternate configurations. They really put a lot of effort in Lightburn, to make new releases stable.
Even they do not respond sometimes, they will notice the user comments and continuously improve and update the software. Maybe just wait a little before updating and use the previous version instead.

We’ve released 0.9.24, and it has worked for nearly everyone who’s reported an issue with 0.9.21 - .23. Please try the new version and let us know if you’re still getting issues.