macOS reboot with latest Lightburn

I’m using the latest version of Lightburn (still just trialling but intend to register) and randomly when connected to my Emblaser 1 my Mac completely reboots without warning. All I can find in the system logs is:

My-MacBook-Pro-3967:DiagnosticReports <user_id_redacted>$ log show --predicate ‘eventMessage contains “Previous shutdown cause”’ --start “2020-04-06” --info --debug
Filtering the log data using “composedMessage CONTAINS “Previous shutdown cause””
Timestamp Thread Type Activity PID TTL
2020-04-07 10:35:40.540125+1000 0xb7 Default 0x0 0 0 kernel: (AppleSMC) Previous shutdown cause: -20

I’ve no idea what cause code -20 is; it doesn’t appear anywhere. I do see a lot of warnings about Lightburn massively exceeding wakeups - not sure if this is related or not…

Data Source: Microstackshots
Shared Cache: 0xcdbe000 44F3CDD4-8FAC-3139-A935-D0A7A3A3BD7F

Command: LightBurn
Path: /Applications/LightBurn.app/Contents/MacOS/LightBurn
Identifier: com.LightBurnSoftware.LightBurn
Version: ??? (???)
PID: 585

Event: wakeups
Action taken: none
Wakeups: 45001 wakeups over the last 159 seconds (282 wakeups per second average), exceeding limit of 150 wakeups per second over 300 seconds
Wakeups limit: 45000
Limit duration: 300s

This reboot happens whenever Lightburn is connected to my Emblaser - doesn’t matter with I’m running a job or if the Emblaser is sitting idle. Currently running macOS 10.14.5. I ran a 40 minute job earlier today and that was fine, but about 20 minutes after it finished I had a reboot. Seeing multiple a day and makes it difficult to trust if a job will be interrupted or not…

Cheers,

I’ve never heard of this, or ‘excessive wakeups’. The wakeups thing seems to be all over the net, but “-20” not so much. The only thing I could find with any sort of relevance was this:

And this:
https://discussions.apple.com/thread/250009091

Neither has great news - both users corrected the issue by reinstalling their OS’s. :confused:
Not much of a solution.

An Emblaser 1 is just a standard GRBL device, and we have a good number of those here.
Fewer using Macs, obviously, but this is the first I’ve heard of this one.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.