Marlin 1.0.0 Eratic movement over 35mm/s

I’m going to upgrade this board to be a newer version of marlin as soon as the controller gets in. Just wondering if there was any way to get it to play nice at speed right now. If I cut at 30 it’s fine and works as expected. If I go to 35+ it will lose its mind on an arc and just start doing erratic things.

I sincerely think this is going to be related to my Marlin 1.0.0 RC2 install but figured it would be worth asking.

There’s nothing in LightBurn that would cause that. If your motor torque isn’t high enough, or you have a very high steps per mm value, it’s possible that the controller simply can’t send motor pulses fast enough. We see this happen often on CNC3018 machines, as they use lead screws instead of belts, so the motors have to make a lot of steps to move a short distance, and 8-bit controllers just aren’t fast enough.

The motors will go faster via my old Inkscape to Export method. I thought there may have been some sort of Ack added later in Marlin? I know when I hit “Start” LightBurn goes to 80% instantly and I can’t actually stop it. I fully assume it’s my setup. No need to waste time on it though, I’m not going to mess with it until the new controller gets here. :slight_smile: Love to software though. Last time I downloaded it a long time ago I don’t think there was Marlin support and the K40 wasn’t worth a real controller. :stuck_out_tongue:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.