Matching Lightburn Workspace to Laser Cutting Table - Origin Settings

The home position for my laser cutting head does not line up with the optimal cutting area.

That is to say, I have a bed which can be raised and lowered on the Z-axis . . . and there is a stationary frame around that movable bed.

The home position of the laser head ends up over the stationary frame, so that if I create my project lined up with the origin of the Lightburn workspace, it would begin cutting over the stationary frame rather than the lowered bed.

Does this issue have a Lightburn solution – or a controller solution – or both?

Similarly, if I wanted my origin to be in the top left instead of the top right, do I have to change that in BOTH the Lightburn settings and the controller settings so that they match up?

I might suggest, this is the first place to have set correctly, so the system behaves as expected, no matter which software is used to drive this system. :slight_smile:

Then, checking to have the correct device profile, with the bed size and machine origin set correctly to match in LightBurn.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.