Materal Test Speed settings

Can’t get the min speed down less than 600

Welcome, and thank you for posting. We will need a bit more information to get underway with providing solutions to what you are experiencing.

60w m7 laser, 175mm lens, newLB, when using the material test, I cant get the min speed below 600 need to go down to 100 speed.

I understand your issue, I can’t find in the device settings how to change this.

MI looked in the device settings where I thought they were… didn’t see anything that limits this… I’ve been in the 120mm/s range for a few things…

Did you import the supplied file when you created the device?

:smile_cat:

What supplied file are asking about?

Mine was markcfg7 and came on the fiber memory stick.

This was the path on the stick…

LMA22A1095JZ/Ezcad2.14.16/plug/markcfg7

This is your lens correction and other setup information…

I did that and still can’t go below 600mm/s.My ezcad2.14.11

In your LightBurn settings (‘Edit’ > ‘Settings’), check to make sure your units are set to mm / sec and not mm / min - the Material Test will prevent you from setting a speed lower than 600 mm / min (or 10 mm / sec), but under 600 mm / sec should be no problem.

Thanks, that works. I thought that setting was for CO2 only.

I’m suspicious the device type may be incorrect…?

Can you post a screenshot of your Device Settings?

Here is mine… for the F254mm lens

Maybe we can get @Rick back here for some advise on what else you can check…

“100 speed” isn’t a speed. 100 mm/sec is a very different speed than 100 mm/minute, so please include the units.

Galvo lasers tend to be very fast, so the minimum for speed for the material generator when using a galvo is 10 mm/sec, or 600 mm/minute. We do this intentionally, because if a new user tried to run a galvo job at 1mm/sec / 100% power, it would likely burn through whatever material they were testing on and/or start a fire.

If you need to go slower than that, you’ll have to create your own grid of rectangles and settings.

It used to be, before we added support for galvos. Mm/min and mm/sec are just different ways to view the same values. 600 mm/min is the exact same speed as 10 mm/sec - it’s just like 50 mph and 80 km/h are the same speed, but shown in different units

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.