Material generator going out of bounds

You have a completely different machine, and are not likely having the same issue. When using ‘Absolute Coords’ with a correctly configured machine, this works. The material test generator isn’t going to be the issue here - if you drew a simple arrangement of boxes in the middle of the screen you’d have the same trouble. We do have a video for setting up the XTool D1, which I’d suggest you watch if you haven’t yet.

Well its a new board I just installed yesterday and have been running cut and engraving test with trying to dial in everything. It hasnt had any issues with it not completing or finishing a job but I have been having major power control issues with it. Which is the main reason I been trying to run these and other tests. For whatever reason no matter what percentage I set the power at if it is a LINE it pretty much maxes out the power when the burn takes place. Below is the board I have, it runs a proprietary Grbl-LPC version of firmware.

The material test generator produces a grid of settings with text around them and centers it in the workspace. I would suggest trying a simple grid of 5 x 5 mm boxes drawn with the grid array tool, set to fill, and centered. If that doesn’t work, it has nothing to do with the material generator and you have other issues.

IMHO if you read this thread, he has proven to me the controller isn’t configured properly…

Hopefully both of these will probably have the same solution…

:smile_cat:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.