Material Test - Interval does not match my settings

I have been messing with the Lightburn Material Test for days and trying to figure out why I cannot get it to work. No matter what I select under Edit Materials > Line Interval, the Line Interval in the preview (and the burn if I run it) never match. I found a similar thread from back in August where it seems someone mentioned that this test can get stuck with a Library setting, so I created a New library but I still have the problem. I am using Lightburn 1.2.04. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Previous forum post I’ve referenced:

LB - Material Test_1

Hmm… I don’t seem to have this problem.

Perhaps someone @LightBurn may be able to answer this.

Rich

I have tested this on another PC and do not have the problem either. On my laptop I use with the laser, I loaded an xTool D1 10w material library a week ago. I am wondering if that has something to do with the error.

I have a material library loaded on my PC and I’m not seeing this problem…

Have you tried following this guidance from Oz in the post you linked?

I have tried everything in that thread and nothing has worked. Have been looking at setting differences all morning between my laptop I connect to my xTool D1 and my desktop, everything seems the same but the laptop Material Test line interval will not match what is selected. I am going to try uninstalling now and reinstalling.

I’ve also just noticed that if I go into the Interval Test on my laptop, the max value I can enter in Min/Max Interval is 0.0780. The line interval of the xTool D1 is 0.08 and it seems by default all of my layers show up as 0.1. This may be related or completely unrelated.

Uninstalled and then reinstalled, problem still exists :frowning:

Uninstall / reinstall never does anything for LightBurn because your settings are stored elsewhere, so you don’t lose them when you install newer versions.

Are you in Inch mode, instead of metric? If so, that would be why the interval is being shown in inches (0.004 inches is 0.1mm).

You’re probably set to the one here with the blue dot next to it, and actually want the highlighted one above it.

Well, this was it. I feel dumb, sorry. I’m not sure how my settings ever changed but they were on “Inches / mm/sec” under the CO2 section. Changing it to ,/sec or mm/min fixed the display issue. Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.