Material Test not showing any text/wording

Using Lightburn for the first time, and wanted to start with a material test. You-tubed it (don’t we alll) and when I attempt to do a preview, my screen is blank white boxes, no text. It seems there should be preset boxes with the speed and power parameters. I have set up the speed and power in the Generator, but Preview won’t show any wording. Also when going to preview, I get the following warning …
One or more shapes are crossing the edge of the machine workspace

and will not be sent. Continue?
What am I doing wrong?

Can you take a screenshot of your material test settings and the resulting preview?

Berainlb - I took three screen shots, and added them to my original post. The first shows the settings I am using per my Creatlity recommendations. (But I also tried before without changing settings). The second photo shows the popup I get when trying to open the Preview. and the third is what my Preview looks like. All the samples I see look more like this:

I think the reason you are getting the out of bounds error is that you are too close to the edges of your workspace. Try increasing your X and Y centers until you no longer get the error. Mine defaults to center of my work area (205x205)

Thanks - I appreciate you helping a newbie!

What are the actual dimensions of the work area of your laser? It looks like it may be inappropriately sized.

Go to Edit->Device Settings and change the work area to the appropriate size there. Once complete, retest the material test.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.