Menu location of path/shape edit tools

Hi all,

I’m not sure if it’s just me and my particular work flow, but does anyone else find the location of the various path/shape editing tools being spread across ‘Edit’, ‘Tools’ and ‘Arrange’ frustrating?

At the moment I’m working on a very large multi sheet project, that involves a lot of pass through cutting, so we’re using a lot of ‘break apart’, ‘auto join’, ‘optimise selected shapes’ and ‘cut shapes’ to get the line work into a format ready to cut.

My instinct for all these processes is to look in ‘Edit’ for them, which inevitably means I’m then looking in the other two menus for ‘break apart’ and ‘cut shapes’ because my memory is terrible.

Is it just me? :slight_smile:

As a backup solution if everything thinks I’m crazy - is it possible for ‘cut shapes’ to get a keyboard shortcut, and then I’ll just train myself to use those instead of menu hunting.

Everything except ‘Cut Shapes’ already has shortcuts:

• Break Apart (Alt+B)
  • Auto Join (Alt+J)
  • Optimize Shapes (Alt+Shift+O)

(I can add a shortcut for Cut Shapes too)

I’ve tried to keep things somewhat consistent, but we’re also running out of room in these menus, and trying to be sensitive to those with lower resolution displays.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.