Min and Max Power Lock

Hey,

Is there a possibility to lock Min and Max power together? So if the lock is toggled then min and max are changing together?

Regards

How or to what do you want to use it in practice?, When do you use different minimum power “proportional” compared to Max Power?

We always set minimum power and maximum power to one value so we always have to key in the value twice. The lock would always key the value for both

When you perform a vector operation minimum/maximum values are used.

For a scanning operation, minimum is not used as the head is already up to speed…

I would think you’d change these independently…

Are you meaning that both values get changed so they are set equal?

:smile_cat:

Yes despite the facts what those values do. For us we would like to set maximum value to 40% so the minimum sets automatically to 40% as well.

And of course proportional values also make sense but maybe not enough to justify the feature request.

Min value is used if you don’t like corners to be burned more than the lines between so if you want to increase the speed for some reason you change value to 60% and the min to about 58 (values are examples). So “proportional” would sometimes make sense, however, with that said we dont use split power that often. At 98% of times we need those two values to be equal, so every time we change power, we need to key in those twice.

So either implement a separate text box that would key in the value to both (min and max) or add a padlock icon next to those.

This request would take me about 2-5 mins to implement in C# and about 2 weeks to get approvals :wink:

1 Like

Thank you for clarification, now I better understand what you mean.
For me it is part of the construction of the parts, to find the right min. and max. power and therefore I have not noticed this.

Put it on the list of future requests, if it doesn’t take more work as you say it should maybe be implemented.

In the Cut Settings editor, have you set Max Power and Min Power to 40% then pressed the Make Default button at the bottom (then the OK Button)

The left and right arrows allow you to cache and paste your preferred layer settings from one layer to another.

The Feature Request site is available for you if you’d like to elaborate and gain further support for your suggestion.

Fortune favors the bold.

1 Like

I have observed that if you are decreasing the value in the max box, when you tab out of it the min changes to match and conversely if you’re increasing the value, input it in the min box and tabbing out changes the max to match.

Software is smart enough to know you can’t have a minimum larger than the maximum. The Ruida does this also. Try it the other way around… max power at 20, then set minimum to 30 and max will be changed to 30.

:smile_cat: