Minimum power setting cant be altered

Need an answer for maybe a simple question. I’m using a k40 with cohesion3d board, but I cant change minimum power settings like ever it’s always been non usable. Any ideas?

GCode devices like GRBL and Smoothieware don’t have the ability to set Min Power - it’s only ever used for grayscale image engraving for GCode controllers. Some firmware has a min power setting (Smoothieware does) but it’s a global setting for the controller, not per-job, or per-cut.

Keep hearing people when photo engraving saying minimum power setting and maximum power settings so I dont need this is this correct it’s set automatically?

If you’re engraving grayscale images with a diode, Min Power is useful - it sets the power level for white parts of the image, and Max Power is used for black.

If you are doing dithered engraving, even with a DSP system the Min Power value is ignored, and only max power is used, so you don’t need it for that.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.