Mira 9 90w questions

Taken delivery, unfortunately, of a Mira 9, 90w with 2" lens. Cant say much positive about this machine at all!

So, i sold my 100w Co2 Opus laser which had a 2.5" lens. Both machines are 6090 bed size.
On the opus.
Acrylic 3mm cut settings were 18mm/sec @ 36% power, cut through no problems.
Mira 9 settings, 12mm/sec 65% power! Same material.
Opus on 6mm MDF, 18mm/sec, 45% power.
Mira 9, 6mm MDF, 8mm/sec, 89% with 2 passes!
I dont understand why the Mira is half the speed and mostly double the power when i have only downgraded by 10w of laser power.
Can any other mira owners please share their 3mm acrylic cut settings?
Can anyone please explain the vast differences in speeds and power i am now experiencing?
Thanks in advance for any information.
Everything has been aligned by the supplier, mirrors are clean, bed level, focus set by auto focus then verified with focus block supplied.

If you have:

1. properly working tube
  2. clean and aligned optics
  3. proper focus

They work… you must have a problem with one of these areas…

I’d start out with an alignment check… Check the tube output before m1. It must be in TEM00 mode or resonance to be working correctly.

Then follow up with the mirrors and lens.

Did they come to your place and do this?

If the factory set this up and put it in a truck bouncing down the road or a ship, it might not really be aligned… To assume it’s OK is a bad assumption.

I’d wager that ~10% change in parameters are about all the adjustments you should need… because of a 10% change in power…

We’ll be waiting… :pray:

:smile_cat:

I thought the same, but unfortunately not the case.
Everything has been aligned, squared up, cleaned by the supplier and verified ok!

Looking at pulse spot, i think its in TEMoo mode. How would i check the output before M1? All lenses pulse spots are pretty central on each mirrors and laser is pretty dead centre on the cutting tube end.
I dont get why im needing such massive power hikes compared with my last unit!

Did you do the mode test on the tube?

I would if i knew how…lol.

Please inform of said black magic secret…

I cut targets out of watercolor paper, but a piece of tape or even a wood block would work… paper allows a better resolution.

Don’t burn a hole through it… we’re looking for the power distribution in the beam… the only usable state is TEM00 … easy does it with the power.

Screenshot from 2022-03-16 06-40-55

When mine went, it looked like this…

Make sense?

Sure does and i can safely say the spot is TEM01. After seeing the engineer carry out the alignment.

Diagnosed your own problem… :crazy_face:

Good luck

But how do i change it tho?:thinking:

Change out the ORU (Optimum Replaceable Unit) I.E. the tube, it’s shot.

It couldn’t have been properly aligned if TEM01 was there when the tech aligned it… They should have known better.

Machine is only 4 weeks old, supplied new, or so they said…it was in a crate as well…

Like all machines, sometimes stuff breaks …

I’d get an email or phone call off to the supplier and advise them of the issue along with photos of the output of the tube…

Mine was fine for a year or so and went south overnight…

I wish you could do something, but it’s all done with melted glass at the tube factory and there isn’t anything to adjust…

Check with the vendor and see what they will do for you.

Did you watch them align this at your home/business?

Yeah, my mira is at home, watched everything they did and was even shown the alignment from start to finish.

If it wasn’t in TEM00 mode then you can’t properly align it.

The optics count on the proper power distribution across the beam… if it’s not in the TEM00 mode then there are focusing issues… The lens is what makes these work and no lens can fix a bad input beam.

I would have thought that the tech would have seen this and stopped until they had a good tube…

You do follow the issue here? It’s out of your control.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.