Misalignment between the trace and the actual laser

I own a Creality falcon 10W GRBL Laser engraver. I tried to engrave a test for one of my engravings, and it was aligned in the center of Lightburn. The Creality laser automatically traces an outline of the engrave, and then when you press the button on the machine, it starts engraving. For some reason which I can’t figure out, the engrave is misaligned by about an inch on the Y axis from the trace. I know this because I outlined the trace with a pencil It has started to do this for all the engravings. Does anyone have any Idea how I can fix this?

Hi David,

If you go to ‘Edit > Device Settings’ do you have a laser offset set up? Please reply with a screenshot of your Device Settings window, so we can diagnose further.

Refer to this thread: Framing and Laser Offset

I do not believe I have a laser offset let up. I have attached the device setting window.

Question 2

Is the frame you’re sending done from LightBurn or is it a feature of the Laser Falcon? I haven’t used that particular laser personally.

Try switching to Absolute Coordinates as your Start From mode, I suspect your origin may be skewing things.

The screenshot I sent is from lightburn, I checked the start from mode, and it has been at absolute coords, should I try it at user origin?

I think you may have misunderstood - when you run a ‘Frame’ are you clicking the ‘Frame’ button in LightBurn or does the Laser Falcon perform this on it’s own?

Oh, I’m sorry. The Laser does this on it’s own.

Is the laser color red or does the frame run with the same laser that does the cutting? If it’s red, the distance between the red dot laser and the cutting laser will need to be adjusted with the pointer offset I mentioned in my earlier reply.

There is a red light that turns on when the trace is happening if that is what you mean. So that would mean I need to create a pointer offset? Could you send me a link to how to do that if that is the case?

Our documentation can be found here: Device Settings - LightBurn Software Documentation

Essentially, measure the rough distance of the offset, input it in the settings, and run a frame then run the job itself on a piece of scrap, then adjust as needed.

Thank you for all the help! I fixed it! The problem ended up being that I somehow turned on the rotary function by accident even though I was working on a flat surface.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.