Missing spots in the middle of text on aluminum card

I have been working on dialing in settings for engraving these colored aluminum cards. I have been tweaking DPI and seem to have found a decent speed/power setup. On smaller text, I am noticing that it is missing spots in the middle of the letters. I have tried slowing it way down, raising the DPI even more, and raising the temp. All of those things were not effective. When I slightly increased the size of the text, the issue went away. Any ideas on how I can fix this? I will also provide a picture of the tests as well as my settings. Let me know if any other info is needed. Thanks guys!

This picture may be more helpful

Following along. I’m no expert but appears to be a loose belt, pully, or gear. For tiny lettering or to trouble shoot you could change to uni-directional scanning but at the cost of time, and a band-aid not a proper fix.

3 Likes

Any chance you are using Offset Fill an your fill mode?

my thoughts, mostly X belt loose

3 Likes

Thanks for the idea, I will tighten the belt and do another test.

No offset fill, just regular fill.

1 Like

I think I have it fixed. It got worse before it got better :joy: When I started working on it, I think I may have overtightened the belt. Tweaked it, adjusted eccentric nuts and got this output. Bottom of the T seems to be bothering me a bit, but looks much better overall.

1 Like

Top output is running 700mm/m bottom is 2500mm/m

Try uni directional as a comparison

1 Like