MKS DLC32 V2.0 fitment to K40 - Wiring and Initial setup

It’s Alive,
Well I finally got it, It was the G10 L2 P1 X0 Y-240 . I remembered needing to do this with my ACRO Laser I built, just was different numbers. So thanks too everyone that helped. Special thanks to you Bob for taking the extra time to help! Thank you Sir.
Now it’s time to remove the digital panel and make an analog panel.

1 Like

Hi, for others that wants to make same board change, can you please make a complete post in which you write all the wirings and all the necessary steps to make that change?
thank you

Great great to hear!!!
I am very happy that I’m the end My little know-how helped.
Before removing the digital panel, make sure you have the alternative laser test fire button.

Personally, I like the digital panel in combination to the analog mA Ampmeter. Once I had my mA gradient found and noted down, I can repeat the setting accurately. ( of course when Laser decay and will need to adjust accordingly).

All the best!!!

1 Like

mks github : mks DLC32 issue #48 is where I got my info from.
I have posted the wiring couple days ago.
I have limited time for all the things I want to do with my kid and my hobby.
sorry, I won’t be able to spend a day to make a COMPLETE A-Z how-to…
I needed to work for it eg. just to get the config right for the K40, I spend 3 days…(posted in this post too ) and frankly, there are enough info already available everywhere.

wish you luck.

@Fire260
Now that you have this DLC32 working, try to find other post here in LB forum about the connection using WIFI,
Cheers

1 Like

Will do, Thx.

Hi I am about to embark on the same upgrade, K40 with a DL32 v2 I have mechanical end stops, how do I install them on the DL32, I don’t have the ribbon type cable? any help appreciated, have searched internet but can’t find any thorough details on this install. ty

Are these wired NO or NC?

The connectors on the MKS are pretty clear, what part of it is confusing you?

:smile_cat:

MKS is clear, the K40 ones are confusing, I think they are NC but not sure yet, I was just wondering if anyone else has done an update and could point me in the right direction, with the wires transfering over. All the internet details are a bit vage to me. :wink:

Don’t over complicate this…

Most likely your biggest issue will be configuring it…

Thank you that helps, will proceed with caution lol :wink:

If you have issues, sing out…

Good luck

1 Like

The MKs DLC32 v2.x

Mine I set it up with mechanical as NO
You connect the two cable to the XY limit switch position and that is all it needs.

I have uploaded my GRBL confi file in FB group
K40 laser enhancement.

Hope it could help others.

Cheers

1 Like

Will this setup work, I realy would like the original meter, test button, on off switch and poteniometed control to still work if possible? thank you

I don’t have a clue as to pinout of these devices, but looking them up…

The wiring should work this way… grbl controllers do not have the same control interface as most of the commercial dsp type controllers.

The potentiometer (pot) controls the dc voltage on the IN terminals of the lps which controls current through the tube… The higher the voltage (5V or less) the higher allowed current.

The PWM goes to L which is laser enable.

This type of interface sets the tubes current by the pot and turns the tube on and off at the specified period.

If you set it for 50% pwm, the tube runs at 100% (or whatever the pot is set) when it turns on, then it’s turned on 50% of the time and turned off the other half of the period.

All the lps I’ve been exposed to have a performance specification of 90% voltage <= 1mS.

This means anything over a 1kHz pwm will drive the laser enable faster than the lps can respond, if it’s within specifications.

I think 5kHz is 5 times quicker than it can possibly respond…

Make sense?

I get the gist of it lol, I will do it this way and see if it works, and make adjustments as necessary, till it works 100% thank you for your in depth response. :slight_smile:

Good luck… sing out if you need assistance…