MKS DLC32 v2.1 board on a 3018 Pro ERROR 20

Next to my bigger laser I am using a 3018 Pro CNC with a laser module. Always worked fine. I recently installed a new MKS DLC32 board and I can’t get it to work properly anymore. I have read the other messages about error code 20 and checked the settings but somehow it still won’t work.

This is what I get:
Scherm­afbeelding 2024-02-19 om 10.46.09

$32=1, Enable Gcode clustering is OFF and the right device is selected. Anything else that I can try?

Which firmware do you use on it?

The standard GRBL 1.1h

The standard grbl firmware does not run on the DLC32. The question is if you used the firmware provided by MKS (it’s a grbl_ESP32 port) or something else like FluidNC.
I suggest switching to FluidNC, makes things a lot easier :slight_smile:

I didn’t upload any firmware on the DLC32, it is it’s own standard grbl from the factory…

I don’t know FluidNC, I will have a look, thanks! But still, the error code is strange, shouldn’t it just work as is with the proper settings?

The DLC might have come with the CNC firmware instead of the laser firmware. Make sure to download this one: MKS-DLC32/firmware/TS35/Laser/Normal/Board_V2.0 at main · makerbase-mks/MKS-DLC32 · GitHub (if you have the 3,4" display).

Done that, still the same error message. It is strange because I have another 3018 and a 3020 PRO CNC and they run with the same board without problems.

Scherm­afbeelding 2024-02-20 om 11.24.41

Lasermode is activated ($32=1)

EDIT: It was in fact a firmware issue. The V2.3(8M.H35.20230527) provided with the board (MKS-DLC32) had issue with m4 command event the laser mode ($32=1) is enabled. I have flashed the board with an previous version and now everything works without a problem.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.