MKS SGEN-L V1.0 configuration file

Hi,

I am trying to setup a MKS Sgen_L V1.0 board on a K40. I have read trhought both smoothyware and makerbase information but I am definatly missing a bit of information. I cannot see where the are defining the pins used for the X axis, Y axis, endstops or pwm laser control.

Here is the pinouts of the board. If I look at the config file the pins looks to be pointing to someware wich does not make sence to me.
Is smoothieware the better option or should I use something else.?
Smoothie config.txt (28.1 KB)

ok, take a look at the image… X and Y are called alpha and beta
circled with blue thre are the endstops + and -,
pointed in green there is the PWM
pins are those with px.xx
For X
Stepper signal is P2.2
Stepper direction is P2.3
Stepper enable is P2.1
and so on for Y, endstops and PWM

if you want to use this MB with smoothie you have to change the pins in config to match those on MB

1 Like

Thanks for the reply. I will edit the config file with the correct pins and test.

Do I need to modify the Firmware file too?

I edited the config file. I use pronterface just test test everything with but do not see the X and Y endstops comming back with their status. I only get the following back when entering M119 as the command.
Connecting…
Printer is now online.

M119
SENDING:M119
X_min:1 Y_min:1 pins- (X)P1.29:1 (X)P1.28:1 (Y)P1.27:1 (Y)P1.26:1

where do you have connected the endstops? on min or max? X min is P1.29 X max is P1.28, Y min is P1.27 and Y max is P1.26
This means that here:
alpha_min_endstop 1.24^
you have to write
alpha_min_endstop 1.29^
and for beta:
beta_min_endstop 1.27^

I have 2 x switches conneted on each axis. Connected to J6,J7 J8 and J9 wich are pins P1.29, P1.28, P1.27 and P1.26

ok and with how much wires? 2 or 3? are simple switches?

It is a 2 wire switch like this

2 for the x axis and 2 for the y axis

Hello there. Did you manage to get it fully working? If yes, could you please share the firmware, configuration, and schematics? To be honest I don’t know how to edit the configuration file, so It would be nice to have all of them in a single place. Thaks for your attention.

Hi,

I have not got it to work as it should. I still think that my configuration is not correct. I have tested the wiring again. All 4 switches have indication LED’s that light up when the switch is triggerd but is is not showing up on the computer.

You edit the config file with a text editor like notepad or something similar.

I see, but I have no experience with smoothie. I saw that the boards are not produced anymore. In fact I would rather use a mks sbase 1.3… but as said, they are all out of stock.

a two wires? here i see three wires

There is three wires. 3-pin wires. Plug and use… Red Wire - VCC (RAMPS ), Black Wire - GND (RAMPS -), Green Wire - SIGNAL (RAMPS S)

I use this from Amazon. Price is just £25.
MKS- SGen L is a very powerful 3D printer ARM motherboard, using 32-bit Cortex-M3 LPC1768 processor, 100MHZ frequency, the processing power is very stable. Compatible with Smoothieware and Marlin 0 firmware for a variety of needs

I see. That could be the best option right now. So, I’ll order one and try to make it work, I think. Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.