Mode (for Fill+Line) is grayed out and not select-able

Mode (for Fill+Line) is grayed out and not select-able.

Am brand new to this software and must have clicked the wrong thing somewhere.

Someone give me a hint?..lol

Alan

Not really. LightBurn provides support for a large number of file formats, but at the root, there are 2 types of art you may work with, Vectors and Bitmap images. LightBurn knows which is which and tries to help you by assigning your work to a layer. You have imported a bitmap image as indicated in the ‘Cut Setting Editor’ window you are showing.

Bitmap images are assigned automatically in LightBurn and you can not change that. Image Layers have different setting options specific to working with bitmap art.

If you share what are you wanting to do, we might be able to offer some suggestions and workflows.

I’m wanting to etch tile and am following the instruction of someone, with the exact same software, hardware and parameters, except this one item (Fill+Line).

His version of Lightburn seems to be slightly different is all.

Alan

Thank you for explaining. I am not sure what instructions you are following so I can not comment on that.

Setting a Layer to ‘Fill’ provides you option to scan fill a shape. Setting a Layer to ‘Line’ provides you option to follow the path of a shape. Setting a Layer to ‘Fill+Line’ provides you option to do both in a single Layer.

As I said, the ‘Image’ Layer is automatically assigned to a bitmap image (think photograph as example) in LightBurn. This Image Layer will have very different settings due to the nature of work you are doing.

I do not know what the instructions are telling you to do, but these are settings for different types of art you are choosing to work with. You can not set a bitmap image to ‘Fill’, ‘Line’ nor ‘Fill+Line’.

Maybe if you post a picture of what you are wanting to laser, we could offer an accurate discription of the steps/workflow to acheive.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.